Friday 27 January 2012

I LOVE CUSHIONS!!

They're such a quick fix - I love the whole process: designing, choosing the fabric, ironing, cutting, piecing, quilting (the top), making the back and putting it all together and it only takes a couple of hours ... what bliss ;)

My latest 'masterpiece' is for my lovely sister (in-law): I made her some cushions two years ago for her birthday but I noticed at Christmas one was looking very sun-faded so, using the Cath Kidston fabric she bought me a while back, I've made her this cushion cover (18") and will pop it in the post tomorrow:

a close-up of the wavy line free motion quilting:

and the back. I was a bit worried when I had to 'patch' it because of the age-old problem of only having a fat quarter of each fabric. But I like how it turned out, gives it a bit more interest, I think:

Hope you like it, sis x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)