Sunday 8 July 2012

Extra ... extra ... read all about it!!

I love having visitors ... Aunty G is no exception and Mutter is here as well :) but it usually curtails my quilting. Usually! So, Aunty G was up in the loft Friday looking at 'USA #5' (cousin Junes' WIP lapquilt) and all the fabric I still have left over from Great Aunt Jenny's stash and asked if she could have a new Pants Bag (a smaller one than last year's as she doesn't 'have many big pants' - her words not mine!). She really liked the fabrics in June's quilt and there was plenty left over so I put this together for her:




When I gave it to her this morning (I didn't want to ...  I love it!), she told me the story that Aunty Jenny was actually with my Nen when Aunty G was born and it was Aunty Jenny who came up with her name. My Dad and Aunty Sally had been named from the Evans side of the family and Aunty Jenny thought Nen should name the new baby after the Williams side of the family and that's how she came to be named Gweneth. What a lovely story - and one I might never have known about unless she had asked me for a new bag :)

In addition, as we are visiting Aunty G's old school friend, Stella, later today she asked if I'd make a little table mat, maybe in the school colours. I googled 'Rickmansworth Masonic School for Girls' and saw a gold star and blues. Added to the meaning of Stella's name, the fabric choice and design was quite easy and I made this little mat in a couple of hours yesterday:


Not to be left out, Mutter has asked for a new Pants Bag! Oh, and one each for her 6 female relatives in Germany!! She's not going there until September so I have a few weeks!!!

All these extra requests means my 'things to do' list now looks like this:

1) Baste, quilt and bind 'USA #5'
2) Finish River's playmat
3) Start Ginger's lapquilt
4) Start Marisa's lapquilt
5) Tote bags for workmates
6) Pants Bags x 7 for Mutter and the Germans!
7) Knitting bag for Aunty Monika

Just as well we are having all this awful wet weather because I'm not going to see much of this Summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)