Sunday 29 June 2014

Stash in transit!

I'm a little bit sad today :( 

We move house next week and, although the packers aren't coming until Tuesday, I've had to start packing up my sewing room. I could have left it for the removals men but I have a rule ... non-quilters are not allowed ... EVER ... under any circumstance ... to touch my stash. That's just the way it is.

First box, in went all the pinks:


And it just went on:


And on:



And on:


And I had some new fabrics to place gently in the box:



My shelves and baskets are empty:


It'll be a week before I can unpack ... a whole week before I get even half a chance to sew again :(

I'm going to head over to Karen's linky party for some therapy :)


9 comments:

  1. It does look rather sad with the empty shelves. :( What an exciting time to plan, organize and dream about your new space. Good luck with the move Jen!! BTW - lovin' your stash - especially the pinks. :) Does kinda make one smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely you've set up a sewing machine in a corner of the office by now?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be long until those lovely baskets are full again.
    Good luck on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that must have been very hard!! So glad I got to see your gorgeous sewing room before it got packed up though, and I hope I get to see your 'new' sewing room very soon too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not being able to sew is the hardest part of not having a handy studio--even when it's just a matter of a few days. I find knitting, tatting, reading, cross-stitch, etc. just don't satisfy my need for quiltmaking!
    But, it is just for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... you do need therapy....no fabric to stroke, fondle and lavish attention on. I prescribe (i'm a nurse. trust me!!) a shopping trip. Go to your nearest fabric store, take a friend for support as you might be feeling weak and having withdrawal symptoms. Open the shop door and inhale deeply, several times, before entering. You might have to stay a while and you cannot leave without fabric, perhaps a bundle but even one fat quarter, stroked at regular intervals will keep symptoms of 'packed stash' at bay for a week. Good Luck - you know the thoughts of thousands of quilters are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric does look cute in all the boxes, but I completely understand this bittersweet moment. Wishing you the best in your move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor fabric. You can come out to play again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stash ... well packed. May you and your stash soon be happily sewing together in your new home ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)